WORD FROM THE DIRECTOR OF CIOP IN NGAOUNDERE
« Votre avenir est le nôtre, façonnons le ensemble »
Nowadays, a lot of movment insides company life is noticed, the competition is more and more important, different cycles tend to shorten more, with consequence a changement of the key factors of success: the human resource.
To respond to this, the company has no choice just to focus on creativity and innovation as capital levers to develop the performance of its organization in order to achieve the ultimate objective of competitiveness, so values are expected by people in order to satisfy all company’ s needs.
It is only by achieving these values that we can catch the opportunities available to us and count on stable and sustainable growth.
From all, I’m sure that being good is no longer enough, you have to be excellent.
Achieving this excellence requires a process of differentiation and distinctiveness.
Our structure strives for this excellence by having a solutions orientation, a closed approach and solid links of trust with you.
So, we are very glad to provide you this space available to presenting you with a range of services entirely intended to provide excellence.
Not limited to just the presentation, this platform is a link between you and us, a space for consulting offers, opportunities and exchanges.
So, we are trying by doing our best to know your specificities, your concerns and competitive environment as well as possible in order to provide you the adapted strategy target on your needs and requirements.
Mr. Ngaibai Eric
Mr. Hamadou Sadou
The CIOP’s missions are:
- To offer everyone a set of services enabling them to have exhaustive and objective information on jobs, skills and qualifications required to practice them, training and certification schemes, as well as training organisations and the quality labels from which they benefit;
- To provide personalised advice and services to persons wishing to access a job or training;
- To ensure that companies recruiting a workforce have the necessary pre-selection test;
- To draw up skills assessments.
As a public structure for professional orientation, the CIOP’s services for its target audiences, young and old, are organised around six main areas:
– The reception and information area;
– The area for information on professions and training;
– The area for orientation and building a future project;
– The area for preparing to find a job;
– The reading area,
– The Cyber-space.
These different spaces are in line with Decree No. 2020/2591/PM of 19 June 2020, which in its article 7 states that “Placed under the coordination of a Centre Director, any vocational information and guidance centre shall comprise at least the following bodies:
– an administrative and financial service, or any other body in its place;
– a vocational guidance service, or any other body in its place;
– a vocational information service, or any other body in its place.
HOW THE CIOP WORKS
As a public service, the Center for Professional Information and Orientation of Yaounde receives instantly, free of charge and without an appointment, all users from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
HOW THE CIOP WORKS
As a public service, the Center for Professional Information and Orientation of Yaoundé receives instantly, free of charge and without an appointment, all users from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.