WORD FROM THE DIRECTOR OF CIOP IN MAROUA
Welcome to the CIOP Maroua which is a center attached to
the Ministry of Employment and Vocational Training open to
inform and guide the public on employment and vocational
Mr. Ntonga Ntonga Jean-Baptiste
Mrs Abena Belinga Berthe
Mrs Aissa Falmata Boukar
The CIOP’s missions are:
- To offer everyone a set of services enabling them to have exhaustive and objective information on jobs, skills and qualifications required to practice them, training and certification schemes, as well as training organisations and the quality labels from which they benefit;
- To provide personalised advice and services to persons wishing to access a job or training;
- To ensure that companies recruiting a workforce have the necessary pre-selection test;
- To draw up skills assessments.
As a public structure for professional orientation, the CIOP’s services for its target audiences, young and old, are organised around six main areas:
– The reception and information area;
– The area for information on professions and training;
– The area for orientation and building a future project;
– The area for preparing to find a job;
– The reading area,
– The Cyber-space.
These different spaces are in line with Decree No. 2020/2591/PM of 19 June 2020, which in its article 7 states that “Placed under the coordination of a Centre Director, any vocational information and guidance centre shall comprise at least the following bodies:
– an administrative and financial service, or any other body in its place;
– a vocational guidance service, or any other body in its place;
– a vocational information service, or any other body in its place.
HOW THE CIOP WORKS
As a public service, the Center for Professional Information and Orientation of Yaoundé receives instantly, free of charge and without an appointment, all users from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.